With less than a month left until taxes are due on April 15th, here’s a roundup of free and discounted tax preparation services and resources available now:
- Military OneSource and H&R Block — Free Tax Preparation for all servicemembers and spouses
- TurboTax (Personal Edition) — Free Federal and State tax filing for through E-5; disounted filing for higher ranks
- TurboTax (Business Edition) — Up to 35% Off for USAA Members
- TaxACT Free Federal Edition
- TaxSlayer Free Military Tax Filing
- FreeTaxUSA Military Tax Preparation
- eSmart Tax Free Active Duty Personnel page
- Your Installation’s Tax Center — Many installations have tax centers that are open this time of year and will prepare your taxes for free. Check with your installation to see if there is a tax center available and if an appointment is required.
- Some additional tax filing information for military is available here: http://www.stripes.com/military-life/pay-and-benefits/tax-central.